A good friend sent me an inspirational e-mail today that begs the question “how is this good?” in every circumstance. What great advice. So, I’m going to train myself in this new philosophy.
How are these things good?
- Having cancer – Hopefully, it makes you refocus and transforms your journey in life for the better. (This is what I strongly hope for myself. Although, oddly, I seem to be fighting tooth and nail and stumbling daily to learn these life lessons.)
- Going through chemo – builds strength of character.
- Starving yourself for the next 3 months and working out excessively – potential new body and closer to surgery target weight.
- bimx/recon surgery – new, lifted boobs.
- financial meltdown – time to fix what is broken.
- challenging work environment – it’s good to have a job that keeps a roof over my head and provides much needed health insurance–grin and bear it!
Remember also: “Rejoice always, pray constantly, give thanks in all circumstances…” – First Thessalonians
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” – Shakespeare’s Hamlet