- Eliminate use of the microwave entirely (this has become virtually the only way I cook/reheat now).
- Adopt macrobiotic diet.
- Practice daily juicing, meditation and yoga.
- Daily bounce sessions on mini-tramp (good for lymphatic system).
- Decrease use of plastics in daily life and overall waste by 50-75% (a good friend offered up taking mason jars with you to the grocery store for your bulk items).
- Solely eat organic, non-processed foods–mostly local/homegrown.
- Use solely organic, natural/eco-friendly cleaning, personal, pet care, etc. products.
With daily action toward these goals, I can do it!
“Know this: You have choices
Acknowledge that in many situations your only choice is how you react. During challenging times, remind yourself: “I have a choice here,” and choose not to waste your time wallowing in negative emotions.” – from Mindful.org
Wow, if only I really knew this advice and took it to heart ages ago. What does Maya Angelou say, “when you know better, you do better.” I’ve found in my life and in others, this is not always the case. It’s certainly something to strive for! I’ve also learned “PRACTICE” is truly the key to everything. Thoughts and actions must be trained daily, just like building muscle through working out. It is really as simple as that, and yet painfully hard to pull off. Retraining our brains and bodies out of decades-old habits and thoughts. Why is it that some of us, me in particular, are so stubbornly challenged in this way?